This position is open until filled. Seeking a Custodian to provide general upkeep of the site, and a clean environment that is efficiently green and sustainable for guests and staff.
|Additional Details||Non-exempt. Hourly rate is determined based on qualifications.|
365 Marie Avenue West, West St. Paul, MN 55118
- Floor care (vacuuming, mopping, carpet spotting
- Surface care (dusting, sanitizing, glass/mirror/window cleaning, metal/wood polishing)
- Waste removal (empty trash and recycle bins, transport trash and waste to proper disposal areas)
- Clean and sanitize to ensure safe experience for visitors
- Light maintenance
Facilities Rental Support
- Set up tables and chairs for rentals
- Perform ongoing cleanup of miscellaneous trash and unwanted junk
- Clean and maintain all rental equipment and facilities
- Assist staff in the set up and clean up of educational programs and all the special events.
- Past custodial experience is preferred but not required
- Self-directed and self-motivated once trained.
- Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility on scheduling (weekend and night work needed)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift & carry objects weighing from 25 to 50 pounds
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Requires prolonged standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Must work indoors and outdoors.
- Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
- Must be able to work in high places.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that the requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
How to Apply
This position is open until filled.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Sean Gokey, Buildings and Grounds Director at SGokey@dodgenaturecenter.org or by mail:
Dodge Nature Center
Attn. Sean Gokey
365 Marie Ave. West
West St. Paul, MN 55118