Deadline to apply: Friday, March 22, 2019
Seeking a Grounds Crew member to care for the nature center, buildings, grounds, and equipment.
|Additional Details||Non-exempt. Hourly rate is determined based on qualifications.|
365 Marie Avenue West, West St. Paul, MN 55118
This is part time position starting at 20-30 hours a week. Carry out daily assignments related to care of buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment. Support maintenance and care at Dodge Nature Center property locations including West St. Paul, Mendota Heights, and Cottage Grove, Minnesota.
- Work with community Service workers as assigned
- Work with Dodge Nature Center volunteers
Building and Grounds Maintenance
- Perform general building maintenance which can include cleaning, changing light bulbs, painting, light plumbing, and other related maintenance activities.
- Assist in the mowing, weed whipping and grounds maintenance necessary to keep all lawns and trails in good condition
- During the winter months duties will include snowplowing, snow blowing, shoveling and sanding for all of the driveways, parking lots and sidewalks.
- Perform a variety of carpentry related projects
- Other duties as assigned
Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
- Perform assigned tasks related to the cleaning and care of all vehicles and equipment
- High school Graduate
- Past experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with power tools, bobcat, zero turn mowers, and snow plowing.
- Self-directed and self-motivated once trained.
- Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility on scheduling (weekend and night work needed)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift & carry objects weighing from 25 to 50 pounds
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Requires prolonged standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, and lift over 50 lbs.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Must work indoors and outdoors.
- Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
- Must be able to work in high places.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that the requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
How to Apply
This application deadline for this position is Friday, March 22, 2019.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Sean Gokey, Buildings and Grounds Director at SGokey@dodgenaturecenter.org or by mail:
Dodge Nature Center
Attn. Sean Gokey
365 Marie Ave. West
West St. Paul, MN 55118