Open until filled. Seeking a Grounds Crew member to care for the nature center, buildings, grounds, and equipment.
|Additional Details||Non-exempt. Hourly rate is determined based on qualifications.|
365 Marie Avenue West, West St. Paul, MN 55118
This is part time position starting at 20-30 hours a week. Carry out daily assignments related to care of buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment. Support maintenance and care at Dodge Nature Center property locations including West St. Paul, Mendota Heights, and Cottage Grove, Minnesota.
- Work with community Service workers as assigned
- Work with Dodge Nature Center volunteers
Building and Grounds Maintenance
- Perform general building maintenance which can include cleaning, changing light bulbs, painting, light plumbing, and other related maintenance activities.
- Assist in the mowing, weed whipping and grounds maintenance necessary to keep all lawns and trails in good condition
- During the winter months duties will include snowplowing, snow blowing, shoveling and sanding for all of the driveways, parking lots and sidewalks.
- Perform a variety of carpentry related projects
- Other duties as assigned
Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
- Perform assigned tasks related to the cleaning and care of all vehicles and equipment
- High school Graduate
- Past experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with power tools, bobcat, zero turn mowers, and snow plowing.
- Self-directed and self-motivated once trained.
- Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility on scheduling (weekend and night work needed)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift & carry objects weighing from 25 to 50 pounds
Physical Activities and Requirements
- Requires prolonged standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, and lift over 50 lbs.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Must work indoors and outdoors.
- Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
- Must be able to work in high places.
How to Apply
This application deadline for this position is Friday, March 22, 2019.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Sean Gokey, Buildings and Grounds Director at SGokey@dodgenaturecenter.org or by mail:
Dodge Nature Center
Attn. Sean Gokey
365 Marie Ave. West
West St. Paul, MN 55118