Preschool Assistant Teacher
|Duration||Begins August 26, 2019|
|Position Type||Part-time (afternoons)|
|Additional Details||Starting at $15.00/hour.|
Dodge Nature Preschool
1715 Charlton Street, West St. Paul, MN 55118
Dodge Nature Preschool operates as part of the Dodge Nature Center, which is located on 320 acres in West Saint Paul, Minnesota. Grounds include woodlands, prairie, ponds, wetlands, and a model farm with animals, gardening program, a greenhouse, apple orchard, maple syrup making facility, and apiary. A state-of-the-art preschool building provides education in three classrooms. The spacious classrooms include kitchens, teacher offices, plumbed water tables, plants and animals, and many windows offering views of the Nature Center grounds. Doors from the classrooms lead to a large
playground that has exits to Nature Center trails. Class size is 18 three, four and five year olds. Classes are team-taught by two Lead Teachers and one Assistant Teacher. Dodge Nature Preschool follows an emergent curriculum with a social-constructivist approach.
– Assist teachers in carrying out educational program in teaching preschool classes for children, ages three through five.
– Interact with children to encourage positive self-concept and enthusiasm for the discovery process.
– Prepare and care for the classroom and playground.
– Develop and maintain appropriate working relationship with other staff members and parents
– Other duties as assigned.
– Qualified as an Assistant Teacher as per Rule 3 Minnesota Licensing.
– Experience working in an early childhood setting or commitment to learning about appropriate early childhood education practices.
– Coursework or commitment to learning about appropriate early childhood nature education practices.
– Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, and vulnerabilities of children.
– Sensitivity to the feelings of other adults.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Ability to work flexible hours, including the occasional evenings and weekends required for parent meetings, in-service training, and other activities.
– This position requires active participation with children up to 6 hours per day in the classroom, playground, and throughout the Nature Center.
– Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. to waist level.
How to Apply
This position is currently open until filled. Send your resume and cover letter to Ms. Marty Watson, Preschool Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Dodge Nature Preschool
Attn. Marty Watson
1715 Charlton Street
West Saint Paul, MN 55118