Application Deadline: Friday, July 5, 2019. Seeking a Preschool Director to direct and oversee early childhood education and preschool staff, as well as actively develop short and long term child and parent involvement and support of the preschool and Dodge Nature Center.
|Position Type||Full-time Exempt|
|Additional Details||$59,200-$88,800 plus competitive benefits|
Dodge Nature Preschool
1715 Charlton Street, West St. Paul, MN 55118
Dodge Nature Center is a non-profit dedicated to providing quality environmental education programs on its 462-acre nature preserve in West St. Paul, Mendota Heights, and Cottage Grove. Dodge has a nature-based preschool (Dodge Nature Preschool) on the Main Property in West St. Paul. The Preschool Director directs and oversees early childhood education and preschool staff, as well as actively develop short and long term child and parent involvement and support of the preschool and Dodge Nature Center.
– Maintain a physical, emotional, and educational environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
– Plan and/or guide preschool staff in planning the educational and other components of the daily preschool schedule.
– Work directly with the education committee, staff, and appropriate planning and/or parent committees to communicate and accommodate short-term needs and goals and to formulate and achieve long-term goals.
– Supervise the implementation of the admission procedures and maintenance of student files.
– Maintain NAEYC accreditation and maintain accreditation standards, along with maintaining a 4-star Minnesota Parent Aware Rating.
– Maintain regular communication with parents of preschool students.
– Oversee communication between staff and parents.
– Oversee the daily upkeep and appearance of the preschool’s building and grounds to ensure that they are safe, attractive, and sanitary. Communicate facility maintenance needs to the Building and Grounds Director.
– Develop an annual preschool budget and manage budget expenditures throughout the year to stay within that budget.
– Provide financial information required to perform the bookkeeping, accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting functions of the preschool.
– Supervise all preschool teaching and administrative staff.
– Recruit, train and evaluate all staff and volunteers of the preschool and hire new staff members with the approval of the Executive Director.
– Conduct regular preschool staff meetings and provide staff guidance and training through those meetings, in-service training, and regular observation in classrooms.
– Keep preschool staff informed of policy changes and non-preschool nature activities.
– Act as an early childhood education reference for all Dodge Nature Center staff.
– Take an active role in the nature center, including directors’ meetings, board meetings, etc.
– Actively work for a harmonious and mutually cooperatively with other units of Dodge Nature Center.
– Take an active role in early childhood and nature education professional organizations.
– Promote Dodge Nature Preschool as a national model for nature based early childhood education. Provide other organizations across the country information as requested about the preschool.
– Occasionally help teach in the preschool classroom.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
– Leadership, high level of confidentiality, ethical standards and conduct, strategic and forward thinking, strong analytical abilities, problem solving, communication, time management, decision making, organizational skills and ability to work with others internally and externally.
– Understands and is able to support a developmentally appropriate early childhood classroom and a constructivist approach to education.
– This is a full-time, exempt position. Primary hours will be between 8:00am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday but the person in this position must be available evenings and weekends as needed.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree early childhood education or other appropriate degree. (Masters’ degree preferred but not required.)
– A minimum of five years’ experience in early childhood education. Experience directing a preschool program is strongly preferred.
– Ability to communicate and build effective working relationships with people at all levels.
– Record of excellent judgment and ability to anticipate and resolve issues.
– A demonstrated interest and knowledge of nature.
– Must clear background check.
– Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply is Friday, July 5, 2019 or until filled. Send your resume and cover letter to Jason Sanders, Executive Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org