Seasonal Grounds Intern
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 1st, 2019. Help develop Dodge Nature Center's new site in Cottage Grove, MN.
|Duration||June 1st-August 20th, 2019. During that period an unpaid break will include: July 1st-July 5th.|
8946 70th Street South, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
Here’s an opportunity to help develop Dodge Nature Center’s new site in Cottage Grove, MN. Dodge is a non-profit organization operating a 460-acre nature preserve within the cities of Cottage Grove, West St. Paul, and Mendota Heights. The nature center provides environmental education and outdoor education experiences for thousands of people each year. Nature experiences for the community are delivered through school programs, camps, and public events. Working for Dodge Nature Center will provide you with opportunities to work around a variety of ages and prepare a new site for participants to enjoy.
– Assist with seasonal special events, seasonal projects, restoration
– Prepare trails and provide maintenance for trails
– Mapping of trails
– Mowing of trails
– Farm Chores
– Attend and participate in staff meetings
– Experienced in trail maintenance and mapping
– Must be self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, willing to learn and perform other duties
– Current First Aid and CPR Certification
Preferred but not required: Experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
How to Apply
This application deadline for this position is Wednesday, May 1st, 2019.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Signe Hushagen, Operations Coordinator, by email email@example.com or by mail:
Dodge Nature Center
Attn. Signe Hushagen
365 Marie Ave. West
West St. Paul, MN 55118