Dodge Nature Preschool Learning Conference
- Friday, Apr. 24th, 2020
- 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Join Dodge Nature Preschool for a one-day conference designed to inspire and encourage outdoor learning in early childhood. Observe and learn about nature-based education. Find inspiration, engage in dialogue with colleagues, and gain practical ideas to help incorporate nature-based education into your classroom and school environment.
- Guided tour of Dodge Nature Center and Preschool grounds with preschool teachers. Learn strategies to support and extend children’s play in natural settings.
- Observation time with preschool classes
- Exploration of materials and resources
- Networking lunch
- Nature hike with Dodge Nature Center naturalist. Find out how you can make the most of the natural resources in your own setting.
- Choice of afternoon breakout sessions focusing on nature-based curriculum topics such as: wild edibles, bird study, or risk-taking. Practical ideas will be shared for participants to apply the session’s content to their own context.
$85 per participant, includes continental breakfast and lunch. Come prepared to spend time outdoors!
This conference has been approved through Achieve MNCPD for 6 classroom hours.
Please park in the Farm Entrance 3 lot, located at 1701 Charlton Street in West St. Paul.
|Age||Adults, Educators, Adminstrators|
|Date(s)||Friday, Apr. 24th, 2020|
|Time||8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Location||Main Property, Farm Entrance 3
1701 Charlton Street, West St. Paul, MN 55118