An event every day at 8:15am, starting July 27, 2020 and repeating until July 30, 2020
Return to some of your favorite outdoor summer camp activities! You'll build forts and shelters, make fires and cook food over them, and forage for wild foods to eat. Explore, create and play in the woods, wetlands and prairie of Dodge.
Please remember you are only permitted to sign up your child for one week of summer camp.
Camper Registration Form: Complete this form before proceeding with camp payment. One form per camper is needed for each season of camp (Fall, Spring, Summer).
Registration deadline: Monday, June 6 at 12 p.m.
Scholarships: Available for those who qualify.
Other Information You Need to Know
COVID-19 Safety: Dodge Nature Center is committed to providing high-quality environmental education while ensuring the health and safety of everyone involved. We have established the following safety guidelines:
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will be incorporated into activities both indoors and out.
- Groups of campers onsite will coordinate to use separate facilities and conduct separate activities.
- Any high contact area, such as bathrooms, will have their touchable surfaces disinfected after use by a group. Groups will use the bathrooms and hand-washing areas one at a time in succession.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water will be required. Hand sanitizer and disinfecting supplies will also be available.
- Whenever possible, activities will be held outdoors, and campers will spread out around the nature center.
- Campers are encouraged to wear cloth face coverings, especially during indoor activities.
- Bug spray and sunscreen will be applied before camp and will only be reapplied by campers under supervision of staff.
Check-in and check-out: To ensure the health and safety of campers and their families, new procedures have been established for summer camp drop-off and pick-up:
- Drop-off will begin promptly at 8:15 am and end at 8:30. Adults dropping off campers will remain in their vehicle in the drop-off loop. One staff will check in your camper and record their temperature via infrared thermometer, their responses to wellness questions, and persons authorized for pick-up at 3:00 pm.
- Campers who are healthy will be sent to their group leaders.
- Pick-up will begin promptly at 3:00 pm and end at 3:15. Adults picking up campers will remain in their vehicle and sign for their camper.
Staffing: Your camper will be safe with highly trained naturalists and volunteers. All camps will maintain a 2 to 8 ratio of staff to campers.
Weather: Camps will not be cancelled due to inclement weather; activities will be adjusted for the safety of the children. Always dress campers to be comfortable in forecasted weather conditions.
Zero Tolerance: Dodge Nature Center has the right to dismiss a camper without a refund for violating the no tolerance policy for physical and verbal violence. Dodge must remain a safe and friendly environment for all of our campers, students, and visitors.
Fees to Avoid: Cancellation requests must be made at least one week prior to the start of camp to qualify for a refund. All cancellations include a $50 processing fee per camp. No camp transfers are permitted. *There is a $5 dollar late charge each 15 minutes after camp check-out ends at 3:15 p.m.