Donate NowIt takes a noble man to plant a seed for a tree that will some day give shade to people he may never meet.
– David Trueblood
Dodge Nature Center in a non-profit organization, offerings are made possible by donations from the public and contributions from companies. There are many types of gifts one can make to help us carry out our charitable mission, for today and for future generations.
Gift Acceptance Policy
DNC's board and staff members solicit current and deferred gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations to secure the future growth and economic viability of Dodge Nature Center. These policies and guidelines govern the acceptance of gifts by Dodge Nature Center and provide guidance to prospective donors and their advisors when making gifts to Dodge Nature Center.
Gifts of money are always appreciated! Whether an annual gift, money for scholarships or a donation honoring an environmental occasion (such as Earth Day), monetary contributions helps us carry out Dodge's mission.
Dodge graciously accepts donations of stock. Please call 651.789.5218 for more information.
A memorial gift to a nonprofit organization like Dodge is a thoughtful, caring way to show your support. The name of a loved one can be added to our Memorial Giving Tree with accumulated gifts in their memory of $500 or more.
Opportunities to give gifts in honor of others come in all shapes and sizes. A donation in someone's honor. Support of our animals. There are limitless honorarium ideas.
Gifts given in-kind are wonderful way to support the Nature Center. Click here to see Dodge's current Wish List.
Leave your legacy with a brick in front of the Dodge Nature Preschool. All proceeds go to the Dodge Nature Preschool scholarship Fund. Call Rachel Hughes, Development Director to inquire. 651-789-5218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Egret Society planned giving society was created to recognize those who have made planned gifts to Dodge through their estate plans. Named after the Great Egret, society membership is as elite, admired, and significant as the symbol is to the Nature Center. Join the legacy Mrs. Dodge created 40 years ago!
It's never too early to plan and leave a legacy. By making a provision in your will to benefit Dodge Nature Center, you can help ensure your children and grandchildren experience Dodge for years to come. Listed below is language for three different ways to leave a charitable gift in your will:
- Specific Bequest "I give, devise and bequeath to the Thomas Irvine Dodge Nature Center $________ (state sum of money or otherwise describe security or property) to be placed in the Nature Center's endowment fund."
- Residuary Bequest "I give, devise and bequeath to the Thomas Irvine Dodge Nature Center all (or ___%) of the residue of the property owned by me to my death, real and personal and wherever situate, to be placed in the Nature Center's endowment fund."
- Contingent Bequest "If any of the above named beneficiaries should predecease me, I hereby give his or her share of my estate to the Thomas Irvine Dodge Nature Center to be used for its general uses and purposes."
Please contact your financial advisor or attorney to include Dodge in your estate plans. Call the development office at 651-789-5218 for more details about the Egret Society or to join.
The last Egret Society Luncheon was May 9, 2012.
There are currently eight possible endowed chair positions at Dodge Nature Center, five of which have key positions open for ensuring salaries in perpetuity. The three filled chairs include:
- The Robert Eugene Peterson Head Naturalist Endowed Position
- The Oliver and Vivian Price Farm Education Chair
- The Mrs. Olivia I. Dodge Volunteer Chair