Campers have fun while gaining appreciation for nature by meeting live animals, building forts, and getting their hands dirty.
After much careful planning in accordance with the current MDH recommendations—and with the health and safety of our campers, staff and their families in mind—we are excited to offer an adjusted version of summer camps this year!
Dodge will offer 4-day camps during the following weeks: July 13-16, July 20-23, July 27-30, August 3-6, and August 10-13. One theme will be offered for each grade level. To ensure equal opportunities for as many kids as possible to experience summer camp, you are only permitted to sign up your child for one week of camp.
If you were previously awarded a scholarship, it will still apply. Interested in applying for a scholarship? Find more information here.
New safety guidelines and camp procedures have been established. See ‘Information You Need to Know’ below for details.
1. Fill out the Camper Registration Form.
2. If you were awarded a scholarship, please contact Rosie Johnson, Office Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your reduced payment and complete your registration.
3. If you do not have a scholarship, select only one week of camp below and complete payment.
Registration closes Monday, July 6 at 12 p.m.
Summer Camps for children entering Grades 1-5
See Dodge Nature Preschool for Pre-K
July 13 – August 10
These four day camps run Monday – Thursday
Check-in: 8:15-8:30 a.m. Check-out: 3:00-3:15 p.m.
Bring your sense of adventure to camp this summer. New friendships and a sense of independence included in this summer experience!
July 13 – 16 | Grades 1-2: The Best of Dodge – FULL
July 13 – 16 | Grades 3-5: Dodge’s Greatest Hits – FULL
July 20 – 23 | Grades 1-2: The Best of Dodge – FULL
July 20 – 23 | Grades 3-5: Dodge’s Greatest Hits – FULL
July 27 – 30 | Grades 1-2: The Best of Dodge – FULL
July 27 – 30 | Grades 3-5: Dodge’s Greatest Hits – FULL
August 3 – 6 | Grades 1-2: The Best of Dodge – 1 spot left
August 3 – 6 | Grades 3-5: Dodge’s Greatest Hits – FULL
August 10 – 13 | Grades 1-2: The Best of Dodge – FULL
August 10 – 13 | Grades 3-5: Dodge’s Greatest Hits – FULL
Fall Camps for Grades K-8
Thursday, Oct. 15 and Friday, Oct. 16, 2020
Check-in: 8:15 -8:30 a.m. Check-out: 3:00-3:15 p.m.
Fall camps are full of energy and seasonal color. Send the kids on over to the nature center during MEA break. Featured camps, dates, and registration will be posted in September 2020.
Spring Camps for Grades K-8
Check-in: 8:15-8:30 a.m. Check-out: 3:00-3:15 p.m.
Spend spring break outdoors. The weather might be unpredictable, but the forecast shows a 100% chance of fun!
Registration is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline for registration is one week before the start date for each camp. Full payment of camp fees is due upon registration. Spots are only guaranteed once the Camper Registration Form AND your payment are received. Phone registrations are not accepted. Payment and registration must be done online.
Dodge Nature Center is committed to serving families from all economic backgrounds. Families are encouraged to inquire about assistance in order to make camp affordable. Scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Requests for cancellation must be made at least one week prior to start of camp to qualify for a refund. All requests for cancellations will be assessed a $50 processing fee per camp cancelled. No refunds will be issued for requests made less that one month to the start of the camp. No substitutions or transfers will be permitted.
Dodge Nature Center is committed to providing high-quality environmental education while ensuring the health and safety of everyone involved. We have established the following safety guidelines:
– Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will be incorporated into activities both indoors and out.
– Groups of campers onsite will coordinate to use separate facilities and conduct separate activities.
– Any high contact area, such as bathrooms, will have their touchable surfaces disinfected after use by a group. Groups will use the bathrooms and hand-washing areas one at a time in succession.
– Frequent handwashing with soap and water will be required. Hand sanitizer and disinfecting supplies will also be available.
– Whenever possible, activities will be held outdoors, and campers will spread out around the nature center.
– Campers are encouraged to wear cloth face coverings, especially during indoor activities.
– Bug spray and sunscreen will be applied before camp and will only be reapplied by campers under supervision of staff.
Campers will be checked in and out at the Dodge Main Office Entrance #1 at 365 Marie Ave. W in West St. Paul. To ensure the health and safety of campers and their families, new procedures have been established for summer camp drop-off and pick-up:
– Drop-off will begin promptly at 8:15 am and end at 8:30. Adults dropping off campers will remain in their vehicle in the drop-off loop. One staff will check in your camper and record their temperature via infrared thermometer, their responses to wellness questions, and persons authorized for pick-up at 3:00 pm.
– Campers who are healthy will be sent to their group leaders.
– Pick-up will begin promptly at 3:00 pm and end at 3:15. Adults picking up campers will remain in their vehicle and sign for their camper.
Your camper will be safe with highly trained naturalists and volunteers. All camps will maintain a 2 to 8 ratio of staff to campers. Students requiring supervision beyond the nature center’s student to staff ratio may need to provide a personal aide at their own expense.
There is a zero tolerance policy for physical and verbal violence. DNC has the right to dismiss a camper without a refund for violating the center’s no tolerance policy concerning physical and verbal violence.
Campers should come prepared to be outside. Camps will not be cancelled due to inclement weather; activities will be adjusted for the safety of the children.
There is a late charge of $5 per 5 minutes after the time camp ends.