Essential Functions and Basic Duties
– Assist teachers in carrying out our seasonal and nature-inspired educational program
– Supervise children in classrooms, on the playground, and during hiking field trips on Nature Center grounds.
– Interact with children to encourage positive self-concept and enthusiasm for the discovery process through open-ended questions.
– Knowledge of and ability to maintain developmentally appropriate expectations and learning opportunities for young children
– Prepare and care for the classroom and playground.
– Maintain appropriate working relationship with other staff members and parents.
– Qualified as teacher assistant as per Rule 3, Minnesota State Licensing.
– Coursework in early childhood education, child development, or related field, or related experience working with young children in an educational setting preferred.
– Certified in Pediatric CPR & First Aid or ability to obtain this before employment
– Ability to take primary responsibility for a group of 6 children.
– Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, and vulnerabilities of children
– Sensitivity to the feelings of other adults.
– Excellent communication skills.
– This position requires active participation with children up to 6 hours per day in the classroom, playground, and throughout the Nature Center.
– Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs to waist level.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Amy Warzybok, Preschool Director
Pronouns: She, Her, Hers
1715 Charlton Street
West Saint Paul, MN 55118